Friday, November 13, 2015

Getting Lost

The kids and I decided we wanted a picnic/hike on the monument.  We couldn't figure out an evening that Dad could go with us, so we went by ourselves.  We had a great time eating and hiking.  We found a nice area to stop and climb around exploring nooks and crannies in the rocks.  The sun went down, so we decided to head back.  We went a little ways and realized we were going the wrong way.  We were all turned around.  As soon as the kids realized we were confused they got really scared and started crying.  That didn't help.  I asked them to sit down on the ground while I looked around and figured out the way back.  As soon as I was out of sight the cries turned into frantic screams.  That didn't help either.  It took a little while, but we found the right trail and started back.  It was a humbling experience for me.  I was surprised how fast I got turned around.  We were all so grateful to be back on the trail we knew would take us safely back to our van!



















No comments: