Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Remodeling the Kitchen

We have been talking about remodeling the kitchen every since we decided to buy the house two years ago.  One day, Jackson was home for lunch and got a little crazy and started knocking holes in the wall.  Well...that made it serious.  We were committed.  It has been crazy, but we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  


We did dishes in a big bin in the bathtub for weeks and weeks.  I have forgotten how many.  I think it was close to three.  It felt like longer :)  I really stayed on top of it until a few days before we were going to have running water in the kitchen again.  Then I got lazy and let them pile up.  I think I ran 4 dishwasher loads the first day we had it hooked up again.
The almost finished product.  I'll take some more pictures once we finish the back splash and the ceiling and paint in the dining room (which will hopefully be within a few weeks).

1 comment:

mary said...

Hoooly cow! You guys did all that yourselves? It's gorgeous! I would do dishes in the bathtub for months if it resulted in a kitchen like that!