Friday, February 08, 2008
I have been tagged. I couldn't resist this tag...it is all about my favorite person in the world! I hope this helps those of you who don't know him very well get to know him better, and help those of you who do know him, remember how much fun he is.
1. What is your husband's name? Jackson Alexander Berry
2. How long have you been married? 5 1/2 years
3. How long did you date? Not long! Technically, our first real 'date' was when we got engaged. I know it sounds crazy...it was. I am thankful every day that it happened, though!
4. How old is he? 29...he will be 30 on June 1st this year...that seems so old!
5. Who eats more? It depends. If I am nursing (which I have been for the majority of our marraige) we eat about the same. He eats a bit more than me, but not much.
6. Who said I love you first? I don't actually remember. I think it was him.
7. Who is taller? He definitely is.
8. Who sings better? Definitely Jackson. He has a great singing voice. When it comes to remembering the words to songs, though, I am better at that.
9. Who is smarter? We are both smart in different things. He is a great writer and amazing at history and remembering facts. I have a horribly short term memory, but I am good at math and science.
10. Whose temper is worse? I would like to think that neither of us have bad tempers, but now that we have a 4 and 2 year old, our tempers get tried more than we can handle sometimes. We can read each other really well, so when one of us is starting to get frustrated with the kiddos, the other will try to step in and let them cool down. As to getting mad at each other, I do that more than Jackson does, but I don't yell...I just get quiet and weepy. I am getting better at letting silly things go, though.
12. Who does the dishes? Both of us if we are both here. This is hard for us sometimes, because Jackson really likes to lay down and relax right after dinner, and I like to clean up the mess first and then relax. Sometimes I try to wait for him, but usually I just start doing them and he feels bad and gets up and helps.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Jackson does. I don't like change, so that's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. It is actually kind of a joke between us. Jackson will sometimes jump in before me, get on my side, and say he wants to trade sides, but I won't stand for it. I don't think he really wants to trade, he just likes to get me riled up :)
14. Who pays the bills? I used to pay all the bills and file everything. We went through a time when I was struggling with depression, though, and it really stressed me out for some reason to do them. Jackson did it then, and now we need to work out a system because sometimes I do and sometimes he does, so something could go unpaid with each of us thinking the other did it.
15. Who mows the lawn? We both do. At the end of the day, I would much rather be outside mowing the lawn than watching the kids by myself again. I really enjoy outdoor work.
16. Who cooks dinner? I do. Every once in a while on Saturday Jackson will make his special Eggs A La Goldenrod. They are delicious. He usually gets breakfast ready, and on the weekends he always helps with lunch.
17. Who drives when you are together? Jackson. I prefer it that way. On long trips we take turns, because the one not driving has the harder job of caring for the kids.
18. Who is more stubborn? I am pretty stubborn. I would like to think I am less stubborn than I used to be, though.
19. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Definitely Jackson. He is so good at apologizing.
20. Whose parents do you see the most? Jackson's now that we live in the same town. It used to be the same. I wish we could see my parents more often.
21. Who proposed? Jackson, and it was super romantic and sweet. I will never forget it.
22. Who is more sensitive? If I am pregnant, me.
23. Who has more friends? same
24. Who has more siblings? Jackson has 4 and I have 3.
25. Who wears the pants in the family? We try to each take a leg.
26. Where did you meet your husband? BYU
27. What was the first thing you said to your husband? I don't really remember. It was 5:00 in the morning and I had just rolled out of bed without even brishing my teeth, so I tried not to talk much :)
28. Where was your first date? We went on walks together and studied together. Then school ended and Jackson went home to Colorado. He came to my house for a weekend and I went to his for a weekend. Then he was supposed to go to Russia for 2 months and then come back and move right to Texas with the Air Force. He had come to Provo to pick up his brother and sister from swim camp and he was saying goodbye to me. I was expecting some sort of DTR, but all I got was, "Well...I guess I'll see you when I get back from Russia. Bye." I thought it was a lost cause, and I went home and cried. Luckily Heavenly Father is in charge and his passport didn't come through and he had to postpone his trip by two weeks. That's all the time it took!
29. Where was your first kiss? So unromantic...in front of DT (the dorms) at BYU. A very public place for anyone who doesn't know. We hid in the shadows by the bushes. I was so happy I could have cared less who was watching! :)
30. Where did you get engaged? Up Provo canyon at a place called Theater in the Pines. It was great!
31. Where were you married? Manti Temple
32. Where was the honeymoon? Oceanside, CA. We rented a condo for a week. It was so wonderful. You could see the ocean from every window.
33. If you could have changed anything about it what would it have been? I can't think of anything...it was wonderful.
I tag anyone who wants to do it!