Saturday, September 25, 2010

Little Girl

I am still not used to seeing Estella in her big bed. It makes her look so tiny.



Essie has such a bright, fun, social personality. It is almost like she literally shines when she smiles. Everywhere we go, she makes people smile. With the new baby we have been staying at home more than usual. This is hard on Essie. I didn't realize it before, but she really needs frequent social interactions. After realizing this, I have made more of an effort to set up play dates and daily outings for her. It has helped. Another thing I have noticed about Estella is that she likes to know the "plan." She wants to know what we have planned for the day...where we are going to go, who we are going to see, what we are going to do. At night, while tucking her into bed it seems to relax her if I tell her our plan for the next day. Also at night, she will often say, "Talk to me." She loves to talk and be talked to. We love you Essie!











2 comments:

Krista said...

Your pictures are getting really good. I've seen picture 'growth' just in the last year or so since I've been stalking your blog. Are you still doing classes or workshops?

mary said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't even see her in that bed -- I had to look twice after I read what you wrote! She is adorable, no doubt about it!