Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Nicholas's 8th Birthday

I let the kids choose the meals on their birthdays.  Nicholas chose Captain Crunch for breakfast (I made everyone also have some oatmeal), Mac & Cheese for lunch (I had everyone eat a 1/2 sandwich and some fruit first), and spaghetti with my homemade sauce for dinner.  I had a bunch of peaches, so I asked him if I could make a peach cobbler instead of a cake for dessert.  He was happy about that, and I was glad because it was 500x better than cake!  

We gave him goggles, roller blades, a rock kit, and a watch as gifts.  He was such a grateful and excited birthday boy.  It was fun to spoil him.  That afternoon Grandma Chelle took him out on a birthday shopping trip.  She has created a tradition of taking each child out for their birthdays and buying them clothes.  They come home with such nice things.  I love that they get to spend time one on one with her.  They will remember it forever.

Happy Birthday Nic-o!






No comments: