Monday, February 21, 2011

Drawing King

I am still trying to figure out how to properly use my softboxes. So...you will be seeing a lots of pictures of "posing" children in the next little while. It is too much for me to get the lights all set up AND the kids looking presentable, so you will probably notice dirty faces, messy hair, and mismatched clothing. That's life at our house :) Here is sweet Nicholas doing one of his very favorite things to do...drawing!











I'm still trying to figure out how to make the white sheet look white. I have a light pointed solely at the background, trying to get it brighter. When I am close up, it is fine because the depth of field blurs out the shadows and wrinkles in the backdrop, but when I move back and get more in the picture, things start looking ugly. Hmmm...








I kept asking him to look at me, so I could see how the light was reflecting in the eyes, but he didn't want to take the time to look up from his artwork, so we got a lot of silly faces like these...











1 comment:

Karin said...

SMART to have your subject sitting there, doing something he LOVES!
You have so much knowledge... the lighting looks great to me.