Sunday, February 06, 2011

Things to Remember

There are a few things the kids have said lately that I don't want to forget. Today, Jackson was playing his cello in the living room. Estella aparantly thought he had been playing long enough, because she said "Daddy, I'm the princess and you're the beast. Beast-es don't play cellos. Beast-es don't play cellos, Daddy! BEAST-ES DON'T PLAY CELLOS!!"

One afternoon several months ago the kids and I got on the subject of marraige. Thomas and Nicholas were pretty disturbed that they would have to get married one day. Nicholas asked if he could marry me, and I told him I was flattered, but I was already married to Daddy. Then you could see the light bulb go off in his head and he excitedly said, "I know! I can marry Essie!" Thomas thought this was a brilliant idea and said, "No! I get to marry Essie!" They argued for a while before I could get them to listen to me while I explained that brothers and sisters don't marry each other. They were thoroughly dissappointed. Nicholas even asked again the next day why we couldn't marry our sister and said he still really wanted to marry Estella.

1 comment:

CJ said...

haha. We have had conversations just like this one with Georgia. But I have a feeling that when your boys are older they will want to put a black marker through this post in your blog book!!