Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tuesday (Part One)- Shedd Aquarium

We went to both the aquarium and the planetarium on Tuesday. I have so many pictures from both places I am going to break it up into two posts. My favorite thing about the aquarium was getting to see JaNae (one of my best friends from high school) and her adorable little girl! They met us there in the morning and we were able to visit a little between chasing the kids everywhere. It is so nice when you see someone again after not seeing them for a long time, and find out that you still have so much in common...that you have moved in the same direction in life.



Thomas and Nicholas's favorite part of the aquarium, I think, was the sharks. They were able to touch a real shark's jaw and see the rows and rows of teeth waiting to replace a lost one.

It just gives me the shudders to look at this shark! He is so vicious looking!
These are little baby shark eggs. We could actually see them wiggling around inside.
Enormous ray of some kind.

I love Thomas's expression here. I had just finished reading to him about the little garden worm fish (not the technical name) and how they stretch out of their little underground homes and hold their mouths open trying to catch tiny creatures to eat. I think he is unconsciously mimicking them.
Here is a picture of them...the little garden worm fish. They were one of my favorite.




I don't remember the name of this creature, but they got to get really close to it and ask all sorts of questions about it. They didn't get to touch it, because the vet said it was feeling a bit tempermantal that day. I wasn't going to argue with that.





JaNae's precious little girl Cambrie.

Cambrie and Estella...they are close in age...several months apart.

This guy just makes me laugh. Every time I look at him I feel better about my big nose :)

1 comment:

JaNae said...

Fun pictures. We had such a great time seeing you. I feel the same about having so much in common still and moving in similar directions! I miss you, and am so glad we were finally able to catch up!