Monday, July 25, 2011

Denver Trip - Museum of Nature and Science - Human Body, Space, Dinos, Gems

GEMS- I was surprised when I asked the kids what their favorite thing at the museum was (besides the Pirates) and Thomas and Nicholas both enthusiastically said, "The Gems!" They really liked looking at rocks.











DINOS


SPACE


HUMAN BODY


This was a pig heart, not a human heart (they are very similar, however). They had a few others that were cut up in different ways. I now understand the way the heart works better than I did before. I have to admit, though, that I felt a little bit squeamish even though I tried to pretend that I didn't. I think it was the smell that got to me.


I'm not quite sure how this came to be, but somehow this was once a real human arm. Everything is gone except the veins and arteries and capillaries and whatever else carries blood.




No comments: