Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Short Hair Again

For quite a while Estella said she wanted to grow her hair long like Rapunzel.  I was fine with that.  About a month ago she started saying she wanted it short...really short.  She really hates getting her hair brushed, so I think that was a big reason she changed her mind.  I wanted to be sure she wasn't going to change her mind again, so I kept putting off the hair cut.  Essie kept asking for several weeks, so I finally called my sister for some hair cutting help.  I have done lots of boy cuts, so they don't scare me, but cutting a girl's hair???  Yikes! 

Kara promised me that basic girl's cuts are much easier than boy's, so I got brave.  I stuck Essie on a stool in front of the web cam and called Kara on Skype.  She walked me through the whole thing step by step.  It was fabulous!  It would have been a disaster without her help!!! 

I love her short hair.  I think she does too.  Today she told me it was getting too long and she wants me to cut it shorter...I don't think so :)

3 comments:

mary said...

This is my favorite!! What a flattering style on her. I absolutely love it!

Kara and Cody Markham said...

Oh so cute!! You did awesome:)
Love you!!

monkeystevens said...

Very, very cute!!! Nice work! And do you think Bubba could take me fishin' some time? That was a monster fish! And I miss fishing...