Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Practicing

 Um...five kids is crazy!!!  Just like four, but a little bit more :)  I feel like I am frantically dashing from one crisis to the next, just about meeting all of the necessary needs but never quite getting on top of anything.  I keep telling myself that I won't always be nursing for hours each day, so there is hope that it will get better.  

I did just write an email to Thomas and Essie's violin teacher (Grandma Chelle) basically begging her to help me figure out my practicing dilemma.  I just can't practice individually with each of them the full amount of time they need to practice every day!!!  It is too much.  (I could if I had a cleaning lady and a cook, but I don't!)  She understood completely (she had 5 children who all played instruments) and is helping me shift Thomas to more independent practice.  

I say life is crazy.  It is, but it is a wonderfully full crazy.  I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Here are two pictures of an afternoon, trying to get two kids practiced and dinner cooked all at the same time.  I just love this room in our house.  I feel like I am looking in to a dream when I am standing in my kitchen looking through the french doors.  The huge windows and the fireplace are so fabulous!!!


This is the first room you see when entering the house.  I love how big it is.  I think my favorite thing about this room are the curved steps.  I need some decorating advice...I am planning on getting some tall twigs or something for the vase under the pictures on the left.  Will that look okay? 

I am planning on getting a taller plant for the right corner of the room to the side of the bookcase, but we had this one so there it sits for now.

I can't figure out how to dress the window.  It is naked!  I love the colors in the rug, but I feel like they are too loud to go on the window.  I have thought about a soft swag, but I just can't picture it.  I am now leaning toward making a cornice box with long curtains inside, but I can't picture a fabric.  Ideas?  Suggestions? 

1 comment:

Krista said...

LOVE the view of Thomas practicing. I imagine years from now when you will look back those seemingly insignifigant moments will be the ones that mean the most.
For the curtains... I think the cornice box with long curtains would look great. I think since you already have bold pattern on the rug, a bold curtain would compete but I think pulling one of the colors that you like from the rug for a curtain color would look good. Also, I've read in lots of decorating books that when you 'dress' a window, you shouldn't make the curtains the same size as the window. If you hang them high, wide and long it will make the window look much larger than it actually is and who doesn't want windows to look bigger? :)
Great! Now you've got me going I'm having to force myself to quit! I honestly think it looks great and functional for your family but if you ever feel like Jackson is bored and needs to do some heavy furniture lifting... :)