Monday, September 24, 2012

New House/Bath Buddies

 Exactly two weeks after Eleanor was born, we moved to a different house.  Looking back I am amazed that it happened.  There were so many things that came up that made it seem like we weren't even going to move that it is a miracle it happened.  I know that Heavenly Father wanted us to move to this particular house for some reason.  I have felt that confirmed to me multiple times.  It wasn't an easy process getting there, but He sent many many angels to help.  My sister Kara was one of these angels.  She left her family and came to our house the day before we moved.  She was there through the move and for 5 days after helping unpack, organize, move furniture, cook, help with kids, and keep me sane!  My sister Jamie came as soon as she could and brought freezer meals that fed us for a week!  That was incredibly helpful!  Her sweet husband Jordan sacrificed his back moving our food storage from the garage to our crawlspace.  Many many sweet friends helped pack and move the essential things on Wednesday morning.  Then, that night, they cleaned my entire house.  I didn't even do anything.  They were amazing.  Many of them brought food, both fresh and frozen.  I didn't cook dinner for close to three weeks after we moved.  Chris was a complete lifesaver on moving day.  He came in the morning, helped Jackson breakdown, move, and rebuild all of the beds, so I felt calm about the sleeping situation.  He came back that afternoon and helped through the entire loading, moving, and unloading of the uhaul.  He was amazing.  Jackson's uncle Lee drove all the way here with his horse trailer which was incredibly helpful!  I couldn't believe how much stuff we had to move!  It was sickening!  Jackson's dad and brother Judd and several friends also helped move us and we couldn't have done it without them.  My mom, dad, both sisters and brothers in law came two days after the move and helped unpack, fix, and decorate the house.  Jackson's mom made food for and hosted my entire family Saturday and Sunday and also housed some of my family at night for a few days.  An unknown kind soul gave us $300 to Albertson's that has bought our groceries for a month.  My sweet sister in law Amber gifted me her cleaning lady twice...once during the showings of the old house, and once in the new house just before we moved in.  She also brings my kids home from school every day, brought us dinner, and is constantly doing helpful kind things for us.  My mom and dad bought us a new couch for our family room and LOTS of other household stuff we needed like light bulbs, towel racks, rugs, food, etc.  

I am sure I am forgetting many others.  I have a horrible memory lately.  I am forgetting and misplacing way too many things!  I am so thankful for all of the people who helped us.  It made the seemingly impossible actually seem doable and made my load light.  It was hard for me to accept all of that help.  I was thankful that most of those people didn't ask me what I needed...they saw a need and told me that they were going to do it...they wouldn't take no for an answer.  I understand better now how to serve others who need it.  Thank you, thank you everyone!!!

While my family was here, we put Cooper and Zando in the bath together.  They were adorable. 




1 comment:

Kara and Cody Markham said...

Oh Those are some cute boys!! It was so much fun to come spend the weekend with you!! Love you!