Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Stuck in Her Hair

Thomas and Nicholas each bought a Lego Chima racer.  They love them and play with them a lot.  I watch them play with them.  They seem so safe and fun.  I have no idea how this happened.  Even after hearing explanations from all of the witnesses, I still don't understand how this happened!  It was seriously stuck.  I couldn't pull it more than 1/8 of an inch off her scalp.  I sat her down and gathered any tools I thought might help.  After I had been working at it for a while, Thomas asked if he could take a picture.  I told him he could and he started snapping away.  I think he did a pretty good job!  

I got some of the hair unraveled one strand at a time, but in the end I gave up and just cut the rest.  Right now it isn't noticeable, but it might be for a while when it starts growing out.  Oh well...it will fit in with the rest of her hair.  I haven't mentioned it, but she cut her hair again a few months ago.  I had done a small braid  with the hair in and around her bang area and she chopped about half of the braid off.  I decided not to fix it. I mention now and then that we can't do this or that to her hair because of the funny short pieces.  I think she is realizing that she doesn't want to do that again....at least I hope so.  I actually don't really care all that much if she does cut it again.  I just want her to begin to see that her actions have consequences, and it is nice when the consequence doesn't have to be administered by me.  





No comments: